Monday, April 23, 2012

I'm WHAT?


I never thought I’d be here again; heck I was almost done raising my kids! The older kids were 17 and 19 when I found out I was pregnant with Hailey. So it had been a very LONG time since I had been pregnant. (With our combined family we have a 9, 11, 17 and 19 year old.) Our newest addition officially made us the Brady Bunch.

The pregnancy, birth and so far her first year has been like doing it for the first time all over again. It’s amazing how differently you see things as a 40-something as opposed to a 20-something! It’s amazing all the little things you forget that you swore to yourself you never would. Of course all the medical things were way easier and not as scary (I worked in critical care pediatrics for 10 years before I had Hailey and with adults for years before that) but there were so many new gadgets that they didn’t have when the older kids were little. Thank god I have friends that have little ones not much older than Hailey! People automatically assume you know everything when you have kids…especially if you work in Pediatrics! Ok, I’m raising my hand saying….I don’t know it all and am still a mom-in-progress…

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come and visit.