Monday, May 21, 2012

Zumba--rific!!


Ok, I think (for the time being) I have the child’s naps regular again. Ever since she hit the 1 year mark her naps have been cra----zy! She was a slave to her nap schedule before then….I knew exactly when she would want to do what…not anymore…but, I digress.

My whole point in the nap topic was that I can actually map out and plan to get things done. A perfect example is going to the gym again. I am bound and determined to get rid of the rest of the baby weight and get back into shape.

About six months ago I signed up for a thing at the gym called coach approach, which I figured would help motivate me on the days that I wouldn’t normally be quite so motivated on my own. It did, but it didn’t work! I did really well when I could pre-plan and predict Hailey’s schedule, but as soon as she got sick or went off schedule I got totally sidetracked. So obviously, since she turned 1 my attendance has been pathetic!

Not going to the gym will most certainly not help me in getting back in shape and back to my normal weight. Somewhere between two or three weeks ago I decided I was going to start going in the morning (the bug was fighting me on her morning naps anyways) so what was it going to hurt. I am happy to say it has been going very well! I have been to the gym 3 or 4 days a week in the last couple weeks and have tried some new group fitness classes as well.

Zumba is my favorite by far! I’ve never done any kind of dance or aerobics classes before, so I was a little hesitant at first. It is so much fun and you work up such a sweat that it is totally worth it! I’m starting my third week of Zumba and went 3 times last week. I’m hoping to do 4 this week.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come and visit.