Sunday, July 8, 2012

EBook Frenzy


Honestly I don’t know why it’s so much easier and faster to read an eBook than it is to read an actual paper book. Since I started reading on my phone/iPod I have read so many more books that there is no comparison.

One would think with all the kids being home from school that it would slow down, but it hasn’t.  If you take a glance over to the right at my Shlefari list….it would attest to that! The only thing that momentarily slowed me down for a couple weeks was that darn book review I had to do on the early release. Needless to say I’ve been a little leery on signing up for any more of those.

I just finished up 2 books this weekend. An Iris Johansen thriller in her Eve Duncan series called Countdown (6th in the series). My favorite books in the series are the ones involving Eve’s adopted daughter and this was one of them. I liked the book and it was a quick read. It was one of those books that you can’t predict everything that is going to happen….thank god! If you want a synopsis of any of the books I’ve read recently you can hover over it in my bookshelf or go into my Shelfari.




The other book I read this weekend was Gossip by Beth Gutcheon. She is an awesome storyteller and I hated when the book ended. I wanted to continue in her character’s lives to find out what else happened. Always a good sign that it was a good book! I actually had never heard of her or the book, but saw on library web site the huge list of people waiting for it….definitely worth the wait. I'm thinking I'm going to have find some more of her books to see how those are.

I don’t know about ya’ll, but I LOVE getting stuff for free. If you haven’t tried an eBook or your local library….you should! Almost all of the books from the last 6 months that I’ve read have been from my local library. I never even have to step foot in the library or a store and if the book you want isn’t available…just put it on hold and read something else. It’s amazing how fast you go through that wait line without even knowing it!

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I need to get an ebook myself! My sister was just telling me all about the one she got!
    I am a new GFC follower, I found you through the blog Hop.
    I'm looking forward to stopping by your blog again.
    Tammy
    http://www.tlouisessite.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy,

      Thanks for stopping by. I can't even tell you how much more conveinant ebooks are compared to paper books. With a toddler it's not always easy to make it to look at books...being able to get them online is a HUGE timesaver.

      Anissa

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking up at the GFC Blog Hop today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a TOTAL library girl. I would never even dream of buying a book. I LOVE the library! Thanks so much for the share, I've been looking to a good book to read. Since I am an avid gossip mag reader, I think I'll love that book! Stopping by from the GFC hop and am now your newest follower:) Hope you can come check out Crazy Mama Drama !
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and following...I will do the same in just a sec. If you love those kinda books you would most likely like the Candace Bushnell ones (she wrote Sex & The City...but that wasn't even my fav). I have a bunch more in my Shelfari...not to mention all the ones I never got around to putting on there!

      Anissa

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come and visit.