Thursday, August 2, 2012

It makes ya feel good…


It’s been a very productive week.  Last weekend I started gathering up all of Hailey’s stuff from the first year. The plan was to divvy up everything into a donation location or sell it!  First thing this week we donated all of her baby food (and mommy had her own little grocery store going on…so it was no small feat), bottles, cups, and all kinds of other stuff and brought it down to the Must Ministries location that distributes it to families in need. Most of the stuff was barely even used…I’m so glad that people that REALLY need it are getting it.  

Hailey was so excited, every time she would see the stuff she would say baby. I would tell her that we were giving it to the babies. It’s amazing how much they understand at such a young age.

It must be one of those weeks that people are feeling generous. The same day I took the stuff to Must, one of my friends posted on Facebook about needing help making bagged lunches for the same organization. Hailey and I just finished up doing 5 of those for her.

Shutterstock
Hopefully I have some brownie points going on for a while…


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I love that she said "baby" in reference to the stuff. So cute. I'm your newest follower from the Mommy Brain Mixer.
    Laura
    www.strollerparkingonly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya ma'am. She's such a mini mommy already.

      Anissa

      Delete
  2. That is a really good idea. My youngest son is turning 2 in November and he has a room full of toys he has completely outgrown. I need to start looking through to see what I can donate! I just started following you from the Naptime Review Blog Hop! From Jenny @ www.cassandrazcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. I waited till Hailey was totally out of her 1st year stuff in order to get rid of it in bulk! Thanks for the follow...hopping on over to your blog...

      Anissa

      Delete
  3. What a great idea and a great lesson to start teaching your little one! I'm so glad you linked up to the Mixer and I hope to see you again on Thursday! Also, come on by and enter to win a super adorable Thirty-One bag or some awesome discounts on a Thirty-One order! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie. Hopefully on the fifth I'm getting this mom thing down pat ;-). See ya on Thursday!
      Anissa

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come and visit.